- Open a Web Browser and go to http://192.168.1.1/admin
- You will then be prompted to enter a User Name & Password, by default these are:
- User Name: admin
- Password: admin
- Click "Wireless" which will be the third tab from the top on the left side of the page:
- Click "5 GHz Band" (Unavailable on the SmartRG 505N) OR "2.4 GHz Band" depending on which wireless network you would like to configure.
- Ensure "Enable Wireless" is checked. You may now change your SSID (i.e. your Network name) to anything you like.
- Click the "Security" tab on the left hand side of the screen.
- Ensure that your Network Authentication is set to "Mixed WPA2/WPA-PSK"
- Uncheck "Use base MAC address as WPA/WAPI passphrase".
- You may now change your WPA/WAPI passphrase (i.e. your WiFi password) to your choice.
- Click "Apply/Save" and you've successfully changed your WiFi Network Name and Password!
You can now connect to the new SSID using the password you selected during this setup.
- Open a Web Browser and go to http://192.168.0.1/admin
- When prompted to login with a username and password, use the username and password located on the bottom of the modem.
- Click Wireless.
- Click Radio.
- Set the Wireless Interface drop down menu to 2.4 Ghz.
- Click Primary Network.
- Enter your desired wireless network name into the Network Name (SSID) field.
- Enter your desired wireless password into the WPA Pre-Shared Key field.
- Click Apply.
If also configuring the 5GHz, please repeat the steps above and during step 5 set the Wireless Interface to 5 Ghz.